This dreamy, creamy delicious sauce is especially good on tofu and meat (chicken and pork are my favourites!).
- 1 head of garlic or (about 15 cloves) – Chef Laura’s Roasted Garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce (optional)
- In a thick bottomed saucepan, on medium heat, melt butter, add garlic and stir with a whisk. This should break up the garlic and mix it in evenly.
- Add the flour, continuing to whisk.
- Once the butter has absorbed the flour slowly, add the milk in a gentle stream continuing to stir with the whisk. Add cheese and season with remaining ingredients. Continue to stir until a gentle boil and then turn off.
- Spoon over top of cooked cut meats and garnish with fresh herbs.