Are you looking to save some money and time this Christmas season? A great way to do so is by making your own Christmas Sweets Bundle. Putting together a package of your favourite treats for family and friends to enjoy is a great way of showing someone that you care and also saving them a trip to the grocery store to stock up on snacks! It’s an undeniable fact that Christmas cooking is one of the best parts of the holidays, but often times it can be time consuming. With family plans, Christmas shopping, and decorating to be done, why not make your Christmas cooking as simple as possible?
Here are a few of my favourite recipes by Lolly Jane that are quick and easy to make.
- Square Pretzels
- Regular Pretzels
- Red Sixlets
1. Preheat oven to 230. Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Put down square Pretzels and then un-wrapped Rolos.
2. Cut the regular pretzels with a knife so they look like an “E”. Some of ours broke but most worked.
3. Place cookie sheet in the oven for 2-3 minutes. Take it out and insert pretzel antlers at the same time. Then add the Red Sixlet for the nose. They worked perfectly!
Frosted Holiday Mint M&M Brownies
- 1 box Brownies (and all ingredients on box)
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Holiday Mint M&Ms
- Make brownies as directed in box. Once done, take out and cool.
2. Make frosting by combining sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a small pot. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until all melted. Pour over brownies.
3. Sprinkle M&Ms over the frosting. Let set up before cutting.
Peppermint Pattie Chex Mix
- 6 cups of Chex rice cereal
- 1 12 oz. bag white chocolate chips (12 oz bag)
- 1/4 cup Lifesavers mini peppermint candy canes
- 1/4 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- Put cereal in large mixing bowl.
- In small micro safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 40 seconds until smooth.
- Add crushed candy canes, stir into chocolate.
- Pour over cereal, evenly coating cereal.
- Spread onto cookie sheet covered in foil.
- Melt chocolate chips, pour into Ziplock baggie, cut off tip and drizzle over Chex mix.
- When it hardens, break into clusters and enjoy! (Store in air tight containers for later use if pre-prepping.)