This is a great accompaniment for fish or poultry.
- 2 tbsp Chef Laura’s Pickled Cherries
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- ½ jalapeño chile, minced (less or more to taste, make sure to actually taste the chile first as some can be quite hot!)
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
2 tbsp fresh mint
- Dice the pickled cherries, red onion, jalapeño and cilantro and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss with orange juice.
- Garnish with mint (optional)
Chef tip: if the salsa is too acidic, stir in some ripe diced avocado. Adding a chopped mango or papaya is another option that works well for a variety of fish dishes.