Orange cake is a unique and delicious alternative to the regular birthday cake, or great for any festivities. Kick it up a notch with a hint of lavender, and your guests will be wowed!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅔ cup butter, melted
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup Chef Laura’s Orange Lavender Marmalade
- Glaze (optional) Chef Laura’s Burnt Orange Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk and lemon juice.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture, mix until well blended.
- Stir in the walnuts and Chef Laura’s Orange Lavender Marmalade. Pour batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan.
- Heat ingredients in a pan and glaze while warm.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched or put a wooden skewer in the middle until it comes out clean.
- Glaze while warm with Chef Laura’s Burnt Orange Syrup.