This traditional British dessert combines rhubarb and whipped cream to make a cloud-like creation straight from the heavens.
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup plus 2 Tbsp dark brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¾ cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ½ cup mascarpone cream (room temp)
- A few drops of vanilla
- A drizzle of Chef Laura’s Burnt Orange Syrup
- In a medium saucepan, cook rhubarb, ginger and ⅓ cup (75ml) sugar over low to medium heat for about 15 minutes, or until rhubarb has softened. Allow to cool.
- Melt butter in a shallow pan and stir in the gingersnaps. Cook over low heat for a few minutes until the crumbs are coated with butter.
- In a separate bowl, whip mascarpone until soft and creamy. Fold into whipped cream mixture.
- Fold the rhubarb and gingersnap mix into the whipped cream.
- Put ⅓ of rhubarb in a serving bowl (or individual dishes) and layer in the rest of the whipped cream mixture.